Friday, October 12, 2012

A well-behaved woman?


 
Okay, so I may not be the picture of a homeschool mama.
I may drink beer. I may listen to alternative rock. I may play dress up occasionally (or maybe every day) and I may love 50s clothes, action movies, and color on every surface in my home. I just might fight with my husband occasionally. And *cough* sometimes say some bad words while I'm at it.
I may ignore dishes so I can finish my mystery novel instead, on occasion.
That just might be me.

But I am determined.
I'm not perfect, but I TRY. I will make things happen.
I'm not perfect, but I love passionately.
I'm not perfect, and I don't always analyze what I'll say or what's been said to me...
I just assume the best. I've already moved on. No sweat.
I'm okay with not being perfect.
I'm okay with not being "the picture" of what I'm "supposed" to be.
Because, really, I'm supposed to be me. It's who God made me.
Took me a loooong time but, dang, I'm okay with it now. ;)
In fact, I've finally embraced the eclectic, color-crazed, artsy, wing-it, adventurous me. I've found ways to help others, using what I have. I want to inspire and, hopefully, I do on occasion.
Can I just encourage you to be who you are?
Don't worry about what others think so much.
Dress how you want (I'm currently wearing a Wonder Woman shirt and cape- no joke.)
School in a way that is best for your family.
Use the talents you have. You DO have talents.
Embrace yourself as the miracle that God made you, and then use that to live life to it's fullest.
Don't worry about the picture that's been in your mind, just paint your own!





2 comments:

amy in peru said...

we are different. and i like you. and this post made me smile.

:)

amy in peru

Wendy said...

Why, thank you! :)