Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hand-sewn homes

I've been sick for about two weeks now, and have felt worse lately than I did at the beginning. Ugh. All this after I gave my husband "a talk" about his health, how I'd like to transition our family away from white flour entirely, etc. Then I get sick. And there goes my point ~~poof~~ up in smoke. I'd like to think that my diet/habits have caused it to be less severe than it could've been.


Anyhow, I've had to say no to numerous fun social events and have spent a lot of time just playing cards with the kids, watching family movies, sewing. All in all, a welcome change from our sometimes-fast-paced-lifestyle.



Here are some hand-sewn homes I did this past week. The edges are left raw, and sprayed with "no fray." I like the raw look, and figure they won't require much washing.


Each home is about 12-18 inches tall. The fabric comes from the collection I inherited from Mimi.



Home is where your heart is, yes.






2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how I wish you could get past this illness! I AM glad though that you're able to stay home & rest.

I love the houses. They are very sweet. Have you read the blog Attic24? It's one of my favorites & she does things like this a lot. She's in England & most of her creations are in yard but her love of colors remind me of you.

Please get well. :o)

Unknown said...

Wendy, I am so-o-o- sorry you're still so sick. Those little houses are very cute--still part of the material from Mimi! Do you need for me to make you some more soup or somthing?? Just ask me. Love, Papaw