Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Building block (Because I DO what I pin!)

(Two posts in one day?! I'm making up for lost time!)

I saw this, and thought, "huh. My boys would love that. I could do that."

So I did.



I decided to make it a building block, so the boys could see the screws go in, but it would be safer. I could just imagine them tipping a work-board and accidentally stepping on it. {shudder}

First, drill plenty of holes. Mine are all about 2 inches apart, using different sized drill bits.




Next, screw it together tightly (so the kids can't remove those!) to make a block.


(I'm so exact, I know; forget measurements, just make it work.)
Every mom has a laundry basket, wood, drill, and tool box in her living room, right?


Maybe only the cool ones.




Voila! ~Building block.


As you can see, it's not a true "block." It has a top, bottom, and two sides, for them to see in the middle.




My little guy is proud of his hard work!




Just give 'em all screwdrivers and let 'em go at it! We found some hook screws and other fun things to use, too. This has kept them busy for HOURS. Great for preschool motor skills, tool identification, and concentration. Plus, it's something they can work together on. I want to make another lock board and touch boards by this "pattern," too.
Ta for now.

1 comment:

SquiggleMum said...

Oooh... I love your variation by making it a box. Think I'll try that for my Mr3 too!