Friday, July 10, 2009

Photos of the goods

Did I just make a shop announcement without posting the goods?? Really? I must have been pretty tired indeed.

I'm *sure* you all have already clicked over to Nest in the Sun, but I'll post some shots anyway... plus a sneak preview of what I'm working on next!

These are two of my favorites:

The white lace hostess apron with red buttons and

the white gauzy fabric with blue flowered waistband and pockets

I'm pretty partial to this one, too: The green paisley. Sigh. I love aprons.

I'd keep all of my own creations if I had places to store them & time to love and cook in each one. ;-)

I'm still working on some half-done aprons,

but I've also been making button earrings, and other such fun!

The cost of discount buttons or roses at Wal-Mart: $1.50

Cost of earring findings at Wal-Mart: about $2, depending on the size

Amazing Craft Goop: around $6 with tax

Owning Nest in the Sun Wendy's original button earrings? Priceless!

Heehee, couldn't resist. I'll list some tonight. Naptime/ computer time is over now, so we're off for a hike!


7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Don't forget to make those apron strings extra long for the plus-sized among us who would like to wear your creations! :-) I'm so proud of you for starting your own shop. If you make a bunny apron, I'm calling DIBS!!!

Wendy said...

heh heh
Most of the apron strings are looong...

Oh, you just wait. I'll make a rabbit apron. Mwa Ha Ha... (maniacal laughter ensues.)

Arato Girl said...

The best, the best, the best!

Galen & Lori Johnson said...

Sorry so long no talk! On another note, I was wondering if you still do photographs. Caroline just turned 3 and I need some new pics of her. Let me know! Love the new business venture! You are so talented!
Lori

InSight said...

Wow! Luv them!

Wendy said...

Lori, It's midnight and I just realized I never answered you! Yes, I still take pictures. And, yes, I'd love to do Caroline's 3-year old portraits!! How can she be 3 already?! Time is flying by. Isabelle turned 10 today (well, yesterday...) Doesn't seem possible!

InSight said...

Julie looks dangerous in that apron/ rolling pin picture. Let's hope she doesn't drink too much coffee!