Sunday, June 14, 2009

Waterfall Baptism

My Nature Man loves his trails and waterfalls more than anything. We go there often. As in every week. So what better place to plan his baptism? The park was great about working with us for it. :-)
We made a day of it...well, as soon as Fred got off work. Yes, he worked all day Saturday. Hey, he has work and I'm not complaining!

First horseshoes. Rather dangerous activity for four little kids, if you ask me.
Then down the trail. I love the trail. Even if I do get bugs and leaves blown into my big curly hair. ;-)
Spotting the turtle. It was one of many.
They must have heard the news and all come out to celebrate!

Big sucker, he was.
Dash wore his new cape most of the time (that I made from a t-shirt, using this idea.)
Down by the falls. Dash is excited. I'm sure you couldn't tell.
Pastor Burnside (aka "Papaw," Dash's great-grandpa)
reading aloud from the Bible,
before they began their descent to the water.
If you are interested in what we believe about baptism, you can read it here.


I love love love this picture. Look at the light streaming in!!
It's my visual reminder that God is there. Right there with us.

“buried with Him through baptism into death and raised to walk in newness of life” Romans 6:1-7I would post more pictures, but I was videotaping!! When my mom posts hers, I'll link to it. :-)
Four generations in the above picture!! Fred holding Little Lad, then me, Dash, my Dad, the Artist, my Papaw with Nature Man, and then my Mom.

Papaw and Nature Man
Below, you can see the "baptism sandals." Papaw wears them for all of his baptisms, from the beaches of the Pacific coast to the waterfalls of the Bible Belt. These sandals have seen some good times!!


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children
are walking in the truth."
I pray that Dash and Little Lad continue to follow along in the footsteps of their older sister and brother!

6 comments:

Trish said...

What a day to treasure...

Elizabeth Haught said...

What an incredible and personal experience!

Adelia said...

We love, love Ethan! What a blessing!

Rachel said...

What a wonderful, special day! :-)

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

What a neat way to celebrate his decision to follow Christ and his baptism! Our church has baptisms at the local lake and it's really special!

Ms Debbie said...

Love it....