Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ransom Miles

Doesn't he just sound like a movie star?? Or a redeemer? (Or a CS Lewis character??)

He is 8lb 6oz of precious sweetness.My little sis did amazingly well. I have to say, I think she had a pretty tough labor and delivery!!--It was harder than any of mine.

(** warning: if you are pregnant or squeamish,

you may want to skip the next part and just view the precious pics!**)

She went to the hospital in the middle of the night, having contractions about every 5 minutes. Great timing, as she was scheduled to be induced today anyway!

She progressed fairly quickly, which is wonderful. You may have kept up with that through my last post! ;-) But then things got tough around pushing time. Tob, it was similar to what you went through. The baby just would not come out!! After a solid hour of intense pushing, she had a 20-minute break. Then the pushing started again... for another hour. She was totally out of it, almost delirious with pain, crying...her fever spiked to 109, and they ended up having to use the vacuum. I'd say, at that point, vacuum was better than C-section. Over two hours of pushing is too long.

She will stay in the hospital an extra day because of the delivery issues but, other than that, mommy and baby are doing very well now! He is adorably cute. She was joking that he may need a haircut upon being released from the hospital.

He also nursed well already, and was happily sucking his fist while he slept, as I held him. Have I mentioned how much I love children?! I loved being pregnant, loved having my babies, loved nursing, and love homeschooling (most days.) And I love being an aunt, too!

I love you, Amy!!
More pictures:

The proud grandparents
Baby Ransom, with his full head of hair!
Sweet family picture

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Congratulations on the new baby. To celebrate be sure to sleep all night long.
Charlie

Adelia said...

Yay! What a beautiful day and a beautiful family!

Trish said...

Congratulations Aunty Wendy. And to Amy and Vu. I had two deliveries using the vacuum, and I've had 2 c-sections... you're right, I'd much rather have the vacuum than surgery... Sometimes they just like it in the womb I guess!

LJ said...

Awww....so sweet! Congrats to the parents and aunt. :-)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Yaaayyyy! He's SO adorable!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats to Amy and Vu and their firstborn son...how precious is that!?! Congrats to you, Wendy, and Julie, too! I love babies and would have had 10 if my body would have let me! LOL

>>> said...

He's one ounce lighter than Diego and just as hairy! (Diego's first hair cut was at 6mos) Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks for the wonderful photos! Ransom is just beautiful, and I LOVE his hair! I'm so happy for you ALL!

Shan said...

Precious baby!! Congrats to you all on the sweet new little family member.