Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wet kisses

Last night, before bed...

Dash, in a sing-song voice as he was tucked in: "Mommy, I'm missing something."

"What are you missing?"

Dash: "A good night kiss!"

Okay, this shocked me. If you recall, this child has an aversion to kisses. I can hug him, but kisses are just "icky."

Then he pointed to my cheek, so I leaned in for the much-anticipated smooch.

I'm a sucker.

He stuck out his wet tongue and licked my cheek from top to bottom, leaving a preschooler snail trail on my face!

I'd like to think it's a sign of wisdom. His name does mean Prudent after all!

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! How ON EARTH did you come across that pic of Einstein with his tongue out? LOL! BTW: My 13 yr old daughter and I had a wrestling war this weekend in which I pinned her down and licked her face ALL OVER!
:-D I always knew there was something special about Dash! Tee hee!

Adelia said...

That's one thing that gets me...licking, ick! Can't go there. My brother used to sneak up and lick my cheek just to send me into hysterics. Glad I could entertain the boy.

Ann-Marie said...

I don't like kisses either. I'm more of a hugger. It drives Brett nuts, but that's just me. Some of us are just a little ODC about kissing.