Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Izzy is on a roll

I pointed out to Isabelle that she had neglected to pick things up off the floor before she began to sweep. She looked at me and replied, "Mommy, I have my own steps to accomplish this, okay?" Heh heh. How can I argue with an 8-year old that asks in such a way?

In her writing notebook, she titled one section "Imaginashin." Pretty cute!

When we parked at Wal-Mart, Isabelle said, "Mommy, remember that you parked on Row 8." I thanked her and told her that there are so many things I appreciate about her. She answered, "yes, except for my occasional rudeness, but I'm working on that." Ha ha!!

Well, off to our first opera together. I'll let you know how it goes! :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just proves the value of speaking to your children as if they were competent adults! I know she gets those phrases from you and she sounds so sweet! I love it!

Wendy said...

She is so cute and funny! Tonight, during intermission, I asked her how she was liking the opera. She replied, "well, I really like their clothes, but I'm getting kind-of tired of all the singing." Hahahaha!! Just cracked me up.
She really did enjoy it, though...although she was very tired. It ended an hour after her bedtime. But it was well worth it!! :-)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Yes! She is adorable and a mini version of you! I think all the kids were very tired...I was, too! We had a really good time and I'm glad we got to visit some! :0)

Arato Girl said...

"well, I really like their clothes, but I'm getting kind-of tired of all the singing."
That's definitely something a niece of mine would say! I'm very proud of her for working on her "occasional rudeness". It's hard to button your lips when you have so many sassy things to say!
It's great that you two went to an Opera together. If Vu and I get the chance, I think we're going to try to go, too.

Three hour tour said...

Now that's a cool kid.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I havent ever been to an opera-What fun!!!

Sounds like she is going to be a pistol! :D