Friday, September 7, 2007

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I left at about 9am this morning, and didn't get home until 2pm. Fred kept Ethan and Trevor with him while I was gone.

Isabelle stayed at Suzanne's after lunch, and I headed home with Oliver. I drove up, and immediately noticed a difference. The front door was clean! There were no handprints or dirt smudges. In fact, even the wreath was off, and the window had been washed. Hmmm... what was going on?! Was this my house?! I don't have time to scrub doors, and no one else cares.

So I walked inside and... the floor was clean. No toys, no clothes, no shoes in the entrance. Things got stranger still. The KITCHEN was clean! No dishes in the sink. The table, counters, floor were all super clean! After I picked myself up off the floor I asked, shocked, "wh--wh--what happened here??" Fred answered with a grin, "I cleaned." Now, mind you, my house isn't a total pit, but it certainly isn't immaculate either. We do have four small children!

So, WOW, he watched the boys, cleaned everything, had them clean the playroom. What does this man want anyway?? My suspicions grew when he said he would go grocery shopping for me. HUH?? So he did!

I don't know what's happened to my real husband, but it's okay if this guy sticks around awhile longer!! :-) He's sure racking up a lot of points!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say WOW! Very nice! Remember, no matter how long it lasts, that it DID happen =)

Wendy said...

I wrote about so I would remember!!
Fred reads my posts sometimes, too, and I want to encourage him to keep up the good work by bragging about him. :-) Manipulation or praise, call it what you want! he, he.

Suzanne said...

He wants a little chicka chicka mau mau.

Wendy said...

Ha, ha. ha, ha...
a little roll in the hay, huh? Yeah, I'm not stupid either. ;-)