Wednesday, September 12, 2007

he sure is full of it

It was a good day overall today, but I had an unexpected explosion. A diaper explosion, that is. I should have known I was in for trouble when Oliver started grunting in his supersaucer seat. But I had no idea.

The kid was covered in poop. Ugh. And he had on pants and a onsie, so it just got everywhere when I tried to remove his clothes. It's not like I don't have experience changing diapers. I babysat for years before I got married. I even worked off and on in a daycare down the street. And this is my fourth baby.

Anyway, he decided to stick his hand into the poop and smear it on his face. UGH!! I decided to just strip him and carry him under the arms to the tub. Isabelle helped move bath toys out of the way and she got me a washcloth. All the while Oliver grinned and laughed at me. Man, I love that kid.











Right after that, Trevor fell asleep on the couch. He only does that when he's sick. Poor kid. I carried him to bed and he woke up about an hour later crying. He hasn't run a fever, but he's got that yucky sounding cough and wheeze. Giving him medicine is like having to hold down a greased pig.




But it was overall a good day. We got a lot of work done, and enjoyed a good part of the day outside. Tonight is TeamKID at church and then tomorrow is my wonderful book study group! :-)

No comments: