Friday, August 10, 2007

Let's Make A Deal!

Okay, you should see my yard. It looks especially bad because neighbors on either side of us actually mow their lawn. My dear husband hates to mow. With a passion. At one point he had gotten one of those self-propelled lawn mowers. We kept having problems with the oil/gas mix, though. It never did work right, and we had it fixed at least twice while it was under warranty at Lowe's. Finally, after much screaming and kicking, my husband gave up and junked it and got a cheap-y thing from Wal-Mart. So he's back to having to push a regular old mower.

On the other hand, I hate dishes. Really. I do them because I have to, but I don't like touching other people's leftover food. I especially hate grease. And, more than anything, I do not like my hands to be dry!! I have real issues with touching things, especially paper, if my hands feel dry. So, when I'm washing and rinsing and drying, I just have to smother my hands in lotion afterwards and not read a book or write for about an hour. I know, I'm weird.

We think we've come up with a solution. I will cook my regular big family dinners, and my husband will do after-dinner clean-up. In exchange, I will do all mowing and weed-eating. I don't mind the heat like he does, and I don't mind the extra exercise either. Fred can watch TV while he cleans up, so we're both happy!! I hope this works. :-) I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hope this works. I'm not allowed to touch the mower. I too am picky about touching. After every bite or if I'm using my fingers I have to wipe them off. That dry feeling of hands on paper, or worse cotton is like nails on chalkboards!

Wendy said...

You aren't allowed to touch the mower? Really? My husband has begged me to mow for years.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's weird about touching stuff!! That makes me feel better. We should start a dry skin anonymous group.