Friday, August 17, 2007

It's a boob thing

* Today we played "Name that body part." For Trevor, it's "where's your chin? Your ankle?" and so forth. For the older kids it's more like "where's your cranium?" Anyway, I asked about ribs and the big kids put their hands on their ribs. Trevor looked at them, and then grabbed my breast and said "no, it's your nurse-y!"

* I realized today that whenever Ethan draws animals, he usually draws a baby animal nursing. Today he asked if bears were mammals. When I said that, yes, indeed they are, he promptly drew nipples on his bear. Ha! Thought that was pretty funny-- another picture to send to the grandparents!

* The last time I nursed the baby in public I covered with a light receiving blanket. Ethan asked me why I was "hiding the baby." Ha ha!

I guess I just didn't realize that breastfeeding is such a commonplace thing for my kiddos. If I walked outside with no shirt on, my kids probably wouldn't think a thing about it being inappropriate, because they know what breasts are really for. Of course, the neighbors might not feel the same way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Ilove your kids! Thanks for sharing =)

Suzanne said...

Too bad our husbands don't get more used to them. At least mine is like a school boy seeing them for the 1st time everytime.

Wendy said...

My hubby is the same way!!