Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Feel Better, Mommy"


I've come down with the flu. :-( I only get sick once a year usually, so I guess I'm getting it out of the way now.

Last night I had a high fever, chills, nausea, cough. My sweet husband helped put all the kids to bed. Then he let me sleep in this mroning, then he went to WMart (and took Trevor) to get donuts so I wouldn't havr to cook breakfast. He even brought back blueberries for me!! I never buy them b/c they are pretty pricey, but I L-O-V-E blueberries. I didn't want to tell the poor guy taht they were the most bitter blueberries I've ever had in all my life. I mixed them with other fruit, though, and then they were edible.

My kids have been so sweet, too. Isabelle knows that I always make my bed as soon as I get up. This morning, though, I felt so crummy that I crawled to the couch. She went in and made my bed for me!! So cute and sweet. She also did her morning chores, and encouraged Ethan to do his, without being asked. They even scrubbed the bathroom counters and swished the potty after breakfast. They usually don't have to do bathroom duty until the afternoon, and never on Sundays.

My Dad took the kids out to lunch, and Fred and I had leftovers. I did a crockpot pork roast and beans for dinner, so there was no "real" cooking all day. I even took a short nap on the couch when my fever spiked back up in the afternoon. The kids were all quiet and drew me get well cards, and Isabelle did this picture on Paint. :-) On Ethan's card, he had just written "Feel Better, Mommy" (with Isabelle's help.)

I don't enjoy ebing sick by any means, but I did feel so loved and pampered today!

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Awww...feel better Wendy! Sounds like you've got a pretty terrific guy there! :-)

Anonymous said...

I would not have cooked period. I hope you are well soon!

Suzanne said...

Feeling any better yet? Take it easy and nap whenever you can.