Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Downer Post

Thought I'd better work up the energy to at least get on the 'puter for a few minutes. I realize that I've been totally out of touch with all friends by email and phone. I've been flat on my back with pneumonia. :-(
Everything just went really downhill fast on Monday.

I finally went to the clinic when my temp hit 104.7. Ugh. I felt so bad, but I bet I looked even worse. My hair was all matted, from having chills and then sweating all day. I had no make-up on, my lips were all dry. I swear a hush just came over the place when I showed my sorry self. I've never seen a doctor so fast.

Anyway, my oxygen level was down, x-rays show pneumonia in right lung, and I was dehydrated. I got some strong meds plus an antibiotic shot. Went home and got even worse, throwing up and dizzy, etc. Went back to the clinic Tuesday for another shot, breathing treatments, another urine test. Still dehydrated.

I've finally started to feel a bit better now. My fever is down considerably. No more nausea, thank goodness!! And no more dehydration, now that I can keep food and drink down. And no more dizziness either!! I think I was getting dizzy simply because I had not had one bite of food in over two days. I just felt too icky to eat. That's one way to lose those extra baby pounds.

My heart is pounding and my chest feels so tight that it's hard to breathe, but I can live with those things short-term. I'm on meds 3x a day plus breathing treatments.

I just don't do well sick. I want my house clean. I want to cook. I want to play outside with the kids and do their schoolwork with them, and mess around on the computer, tuck the kids into bed, talk on the phone, take walks...

Just please pray for a FAST full recovery!!! And thank you, Dad, for bringing me back and forth to the doctor and waiting for hours while they ran so many tests. Thanks, Kim, for being willing to come help me on Tuesday if Fred didn't get back in time. Thank you, Sherrill, for the dinner! Thank you Julie for watching my kids! And a BIG thank you to my dear hubby for trying his best to pick up the slack. He even cooked!!
I love you all.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry dear. Get well soon. Many prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it in for help. It is rough to be sick...and sooo sick at that! Thanks God that you're doing better now even if just a little and what a magnifying glass for all that you love.
Thanks for posting!
Love ya!

Galen & Lori Johnson said...

Wendy,
I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal! I know how it feels to have to lie in bed when all you want to do is get up and do what you want to. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. I'll be checking up on you to see how you're feeling! Make sure you rest so that you can get better. Take care!
Love, Lori

Ann-Marie said...

Feel better soon, Wendy. My thoughts and prayers are there!

Wendy said...

Thank you all! I feel so much better! :-)

And thank you, Tracy for the yummy dinner last night!!!